Monday, May 6, 2013

May Currently

A new Currently!


Listening - it's pretty quiet inside and out right now, but I can hear the birds tweeting outside. Finally, Spring!

Loving - there are only 20 school days left! Hip Hip, Hooray!

Thinking - my students carry an egg "baby" for two days during the Child Care unit. I don't trust middle schoolers with raw eggs, so the eggs have to be hollowed. I just finished blowing out my last batch of eggs for the year! (And, since I'm designing a rotating two-year curriculum, I won't have any at all next year!)

Wanting - I've been working on cleaning out the clutter from my new classrooms all year long - I very, very, very much want to have this accomplished by the end of this school year!!!

Needing - this is the time of year teachers are holding onto their wits by their fingertips! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...

Bucket List - Gotta replace the curtains that came with the house! Also, tons of sewing projects to work on. And of course, that pesky second year curriculum isn't going to write itself. Beyond that, plenty of fun things planned for this summer! Trips to visit family, a DCI contest, a Yo-Yo Ma concert (yes, another), and several other events I'm looking forward to.

20 more school days!


4 comments:

  1. After I read your info about hollowing eggs, I couldn't help but laugh. That is a perfect illustration of some of the zany sacrifices we teachers make for our classroom!

    I should've put "organize my classroom" in my Currently, too. The teacher before me left it a COMPLETE TRAIN WRECK, and I've just been doing a little here and there this year to get by. {Seriously -- I came in to look at it in June, opened a cabinet, and an avalanche of stuff fell on me!} I plan to recruit some students during the last week of school to help me clean it... muhahah! :)

    Happy last 20 days of school!
    The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally picture this avalanche scene - hilarious! Misery does love company in the case of wildly out of control inherited classrooms :)

      Delete
  2. I want to see how your curtains turn out! sounds like a fun project for sure!!

    I'm also hoping to have a more organize classroom next year...maybe I should get started on that now...

    Brie - Breezy Special Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you spent your time hollowing out eggs for your students-- haha, what a sacrifice!! I am also in dire need of cleaning out my cabinets... they are a disaster zone!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete