Sunday, April 21, 2013

File Cabinet Upgrade

Got any hideous file cabinets? I sure do! Fixing this issue has been on my agenda all year, but naturally there were plenty of other things that took precedence. This week I just couldn't take it anymore! So with some gift wrap, contact paper, shipping tape, a screwdriver, and Dawn dish soap, I finally did a quickie upgrade of the worst one. There are about 79 more sophisticated ways to do this you could find on Pinterest, but for my mental health I needed to get this ugliness covered and covered fast. My apologies for the lack of a decent "Before" photo; I forgot to snap one before beginning, the one below I found from the photos I took last May during my initial viewing of my new classroom.

  


Ahhh, that's better! Now I just need to paint the outside and the handles, and it'll be quite the looker!

And you better believe that those ridiculous stencils will be dealt with this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment