Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Tool Belt!

This past weekend's project: a tool belt to wear during my sewing classes!


Those who know me well know that I LOVE to make aprons. This guy's a little different, as it has six pockets, is made from a sturdier home decor fabric, and (my favorite part) instead of making straps I'm simply inserting a real belt through the casing so that the "tool belt" doesn't start slipping down with the weight of six pockets full of sewing notions. This will free me from constantly having my hands full of supplies, running back and forth, or (worst of all) allowing seventh and eighth graders to get out of their seats constantly. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. I love that you used a belt for this apron! I made an adorable little garden apron last spring, but I really don't like to wear it because it falls down once I get all my tools in it. Thanks for the idea - I'll try this next time.
    I'm thinking of modifying the garden apron for a classroom apron I can wear while hanging bulletin boards and getting my room ready this sumer.

    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Several teachers at my school have complimented me on it and especially like the belt idea - they've asked if I'm taking orders :). Not surprisingly, the kids have commented "Why do you have it attached to a belt? That's stupid, no offense." Ah, junior high kids. Thanks for reading!

      Delete