Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pie x 2

Two more pies!

The first was for last night's dinner, a Tomato Tart with Basil & Garlic Crust:


How I do love my food processor! The crust is made from basil, garlic, flour, salt, butter, and ice water. Top with mozzarella, tomato, olive oil, salt and pepper, bake it up, eat it up! This is worth it for the crust alone, yum!

For last night's dessert, Over the Top Banana Cream Pie:


Whipped cream and bananas "get a little tired" after the first night according to the "Pie" book (from whence the recipe came, not surprisingly I'm sure), so I divided this guy up into three little guys so I could make the topping fresh each night. It starts with a graham cracker crust, filled with a simple custard, topped with banana chunks, fresh whipped cream, and chopped Butterfinger. Mmmmmmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment