Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Tires and Earrings: A NON-Pinterest Hack!

I had to replace a tire last week - a giant, mean screw stabbed my rear driver's side tire, in a location that was naturally completely non-fixable. You know that story about the elephant and the thorn and the mouse? It made me think of that... though really it was nothing like that.

ANYWAY, I was sitting in the waiting area flipping through an eighteen-year-old edition of "Woman's Day" (not an exaggeration, it was dated Spring 1995), and found this brilliant inspiration:


#4 is the one I fixated on. I don't own a "jewelry box," seeing as most of my earrings cost me less than a magazine, so they're all thrown in a little container and I have to dig around to find matching pairs. No longer! Here are a few examples:


I'm pretty excited about this. And in case you're wondering, I've owned those "Don't Worry, Be Happy" earrings since 4th grade, when Bobby McFerrin's hit and pretty much the entire "Cocktail" soundtrack was all the rage. My students love them (the earrings, not the songs from "Cocktail"). As I paired up my earrings I couldn't help but realize that most of them were chosen with the students in mind. Many of them are sooooo impressed when I wear earrings (particularly dangly or hoopy ones) that color match my outfit - this is what they consider haute couture. I'll take whatever cheap and easy points I can score with them!

2 comments:

  1. What a cool find! Sorry about your tire...such a bummer!

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just so surprising to find great ideas outside of Pinterest these days, it's nuts! Or maybe I'M nuts, what with my pinning addiction and all : ).

      Delete