Thursday, July 4, 2013

Currently July

It's a new month, which means a new Currently with Farley!



Listening - It's a nice peaceful day in the neighborhood, with just a couple of yaps and vrooooms in the background. Ahhh, summer days with the windows open...

Loving - Summer is reading time! Finished my first serious fiction read of the summer, "Sophie's Choice." It doesn't get more serious than that, that's to be sure. Excellent book though, and fantastic for learning more about the non-Jewish victims of the Holocaust.

Thinking - We're going to see the Sox tonight, and the game will be followed by a fireworks show. Hopefully we don't get rained on too much! (Note: started this yesterday. The rain ended before the game, and the fireworks were great. Best of all, the Stanley Cup was there along with Patrick Sharp!)

Wanting - I've just started watching "Boardwalk Empire," and am totally hooked. I overheard bits and pieces as my husband watched it in his man cave, and became interested enough that I'm now working on catching up to him so we can watch it together. Two more episodes!

Needing - I promised him I'd make some curtains so that he could enjoy more darkness in his cave. I've got the fabric, just have to get in motion!

Tips, Tricks, Hints - Figure out why you're blogging and what you want to get out of it, and let everything else go. There are so many linkys and giveaways and so on and so forth that you can get kind of bogged down in it if you try to do everything or get focused on followers and pageviews. For me, this blog is primarily just a way for friends and family to check in on what I'm up to beyond the limits of Facebook, with the occasional teaching/classroom idea thrown in.

Happy July to all!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise! Just stopping by from Currently! I am loving my summer reading time, too! And I completely agree with your tips/tricks... it's so important to keep your focus in mind! Enjoy your summer! :)

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire

    ReplyDelete