Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Husband May Mock Me, But I USE Pinterest, Darn It!

"Are you Pinterest-ing again?" is a phrase commonly overheard in my home, but in my defense I'm not just randomly pinning - I use many, many ideas that I pin. Take today, for example:


The detail that I probably love best about this storage method is that I was able to leave the hooks attached, so that I don't have to mess with putting them back on next year! Procrastinators, take heart: I never put my Christmas decorations away this early. There have been years when Easter decorations have been on sale before the tree came down (and okay, I'll admit it, there was one year when it never came down at all). However, looking ahead at my plans for the week, the work I have to do for school (job), the work I have to do for school (grad school), the work I have to do at home... I just wanted to get this one out of the way so there would be one less project hanging out there.

Which brings us to my next Pinterest find: what to do with all those Christmas cards that I wish to save?


I loved this idea, so after the decorations were packed up in the attic I spent some quality time with my three-hole punch.


I haven't decided whether or not to make a cover. I was on a roll, so I assembled a few other books of cards as well.


From left to right: cards from our engagement/wedding, sympathy cards from when Mike's dad passed away, and cards from Christmas 2011 and 2012.

Things like this, I think, justify my addiction to enjoyment of Pinterest. Which is not to say that I don't have dozens - or hundreds - more pins yet to apply, but a couple here and there makes the time spent browsing worthwhile!

No comments:

Post a Comment