Thursday, January 31, 2013

Special

Tonight was china night! I break out the good china about once a month (sometimes twice), just to make things a little extra special. Mike usually asks what the special occasion is, to which I reply (sappiness warning!) "Every night with you is a special night." He then engages in the requisite eye rolling and/or groaning. While I'm of course being silly with my statement, it is true - the everyday meals are so much a part of what holds a family together. I know that there are people who only bring out the china for truly exceptional, once-in-a-lifetime events. If that's your thing, I can understand wishing to make those celebrations stand out. But to my way of thinking, that means a lot of waiting around for once-in-a-lifetime events. I prefer to celebrate today, and acknowledge the special that the "everyday" holds.


No comments:

Post a Comment