Monday, March 4, 2013

Currently March

Another month, another Currently from Farley!


"How I Met Your Mother" - at the prompting of a co-worker back in May, I picked up this show on Netflix - I figured it was going into its last season, might as well. When they announced they would be running another season after this one, I was crushed. I want to know who the mother is and move on with my life already! But I've come this far... argghhh... (On a somewhat related note, hubby and I just finished the first season of "House of Cards" - AMAZING! Love this show, can't wait for the second season!)

Casimir Pulaski Day, a school holiday in my neck of the woods. Hooray for three day weekends! I promise you, I would work longer days four days a week to get a three-day weekend every week. Think about it: despite your best intentions, Saturday is usually a recovery day, Sunday is for grading/lesson planning/laundry/house cleaning/church/all sorts of miscellaneous chores, then boom! Back to work. With a third day you can actually get stuff done! Or, not get completely buried by a weekend getaway... : )

Another storm threat - these always disappear before hitting us. And not that I want to extend the school year, but I wouldn't snub my nose at a snow day. It's been two years since the last one, after all! Ideally, we would report for school tomorrow, run ISATs in the morning, then get sent home early... still get credit for the day, no nightmare ISAT make-ups, AND a little free time!

Grading. I don't mind the first-run stuff so much - it's all the darn make-up work!

Like/Love/Hate - I did break the rules a bit here. They were all supposed to be one word, but I couldn't (wouldn't?) do it. Dessert, mmmm. Had my first dessert this weekend since Thanksgiving weekend. I've been very good about cutting the excess sugar, but when you're at a lovely Italian restaurant, how do you turn down tiramisu? Disney World! Best vacation ever - I still think about it daily since we returned seven months ago. Daylight Savings Time in the spring means that it goes back to being pitch black when I leave the house in the morning. So much harder to get moving without natural light!

5 comments:

  1. Man I am totally a procrastinator on grading!! I'm glad it's not just me :)

    Anisa @ Creative Undertakings

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Disney in December and let me tell you I can not wait to go back! We had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goooosshhhh! I am TOTALLY on board with working longer hours Monday-Thursday if we could just get a three day weekend every week! A four day workweek FLIES by, whereas a five-day one can drag. My principal agrees with me, but I doubt our district will ever switch. Boo.

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man! I didn't even think about Daylight Savings Time...... At least for me it comes the first weekend of our Spring Break Week so that the first Monday won't matter too much....... I mean, the Monday after Spring Break is going to be ROUGH anyways so it is not like the time change will matter. LOL. Thank you for commenting on my Currently----That Farley is such a smart lady! She knows how to get us all networked and together.

    I learned a neat bit of trivia for us---- we allot two snow days per year. We have used them. SO SAD. Then when the Snowpocalypse hit us we missed a third day and I immediately went into a panic. I assumed we would go an extra day or lose a vacation day somewhere or something......... I found out that since it was a "blizzard condition" by the NWS that we do not have to makeup the third day!!!! Woohoo!!!!

    I wonder about a 4 day workweek myself, but I think that eventually you would get just as burned out as we do with a 5 day week. It sure seems worth checking into though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate getting up in the dark...such an icky feeling!! Daylight savings sucks....at least in the Spring;) Glad I found your blog...I'm your newest follower!!

    Kathy O.
    Third Grade Doodles

    ReplyDelete