Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Spring Break

School resumes tomorrow, which means Spring Break is *sniff!* over. A look back at the good times...

Obviously I did a lot of reading, and some cooking with my new mini-skillet. I developed a love for grilled banana nut bread, mmmm.


We replaced the carpeting in the living room and the two smaller side rooms, eliminating the dog stains from the previous owners as well as some unpleasant odors.


 I visited with my friend Erin up in the city! One of our many adventures was painting pottery!


Lucky me, I got to take the cat to the vet to have his heart murmur checked. Sheesh. Pippin does not like the vet.


Went to Indiana to have a Good Friday dinner with parents, sister, and sister's entourage. Good eats!


Spent some serious time pulling out junk from storage in my classroom. Mr. Principal gave the okay to dispose of all of the nonsense that does not belong anymore. I've set everything out on tables to give the staff a chance to take anything they want (believe it or not, several people requested this). By the end of next week, this will all be out of my life - and my cabinets - forever!



Discovered under a bunch of thirty-year old tablecloths:


Other random highlights:
*A new Italian grocery store opened up 20 minutes from our house. Love!
*Exploring said grocery store led us to the discovery of an AMAZING Italian market and deli a few blocks down, so also 20 minutes from our house. Happy happy times!
*Ran bunches of errands that were just not achievable during school weeks.
*Reorganized several closets (having to move everything out for new carpet prompted this one).
*Spent unrushed fun times with the hubby!

And, of course, completely avoided the little bit of grading I brought home, which I must do now. All good things come to an end. : (

No comments:

Post a Comment