Wednesday, January 13, 2016

2015 Wrap Up: #3 - #10 (oops!)

So I went on break and completely dropped my wrap-up, so I'll list them all here and skip most of the pics in the name of gettin' it done.

#3: Blackhawks

The Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup again! We went to a (regular season) game - great time!

#4: CSA

Inspired by a food fair I attended with friends in Chicago, I joined a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) workshare right in my hometown! In exchange for two five-hour shifts on the farm per month, I earned a big box of fresh veggies every week. How could it get any better?
Unfortunately it resulted in a hamstring strain that haunted me throughout the summer, and I had to throw in the trowel early in the season.

#5: Team in Training

Upon deciding that in addition to the Rock 'n Roll Half Marathon this would also be the year I ran a FULL MARATHON, I joined the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training to run in memory of Mike's mom. Though terrified of the fundraising requirement, I can't imagine training any other way. It was a fantastic experience - hopefully I'll eventually post about it!

#6: Riggie

This one's a heartbreaker. Our little Riggie had a stroke during a routine vet wellness visit in July, and we lost him immediately. I still can't believe he's gone. Love you forever, little Rigatoni.



#7: Scooter & Beeker

Pippin (our older cat) doesn't do well as an only cat, but at 12 years old is too much of a curmudgeon for a kitten. So a few months later we adopted two littermates from the Humane Society. Two sisters for Pippin! (And yes, Beeker is deliberately misspelled - we realized all of our pets have had double letters in their names, and had to continue the pattern!)



#8: McNugget

A new nephew is on the way! McNugget is his placeholder name; hopefully they'll come up with another one by April!

#9: The Chicago Marathon!

Two huge accomplishments here: I finished the Chicago Marathon, and raised $3900 for blood cancer research!

#10: Fifth Anniversary

On December 18th we celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. Where did the time go??

And there's my 2015 wrap-up, ten major highlights/events in roughly chronological order. Now on to 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment