Wednesday, January 20, 2016

January Routines: Prepping for Morning

I am all about making mornings as peaceful and free of chaos as possible. As such, I try to complete several of the typical morning tasks the night before.



Back in 2011, my New Year's resolution was to set out my work clothes every pre-work evening. For some reason this takes a lot less time the night before than it does the morning of. I started slacking on this a little here and there when we moved into our new home mid-2012: our closet is actually in the master bath, making it all too convenient to just pick out clothes in the morning after my shower. But, again, this always seems to be a pain, so I'm locking this one back in again.

Packing lunches is another one of those tasks that seem to eat up a lot of time in the morning, but take very little time the evening before. On the checklist it goes.

Finally, if the dishwasher isn't emptied of the previous night's dishes, then the breakfast dishes have nowhere to go (and we have two kittens who are constantly sneaking into the sink!). Emptying it in the morning isn't such a big deal, but it's difficult to do it quietly enough that it doesn't wake up my hubs. Also, putting the dishes away at night makes for one less hassle in the morning. Onto the checklist!

Having these three items out of the way has been making for much more peaceful (and less frazzled) mornings, and given that I'm on an 18 day streak I'm not likely to skip out on them any time soon. Seriously, this app is a great motivator!

Tomorrow I'll dive into the newer daily habits that I'm adding this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment